Talbot’s brand has been used in more ways than one might imagine during its twentieth-century existence. It began as a marque in 1903, initially adorning the French-made Clément motor cars in the UK. British production began in 1905. In 1919, Darracq took over Talbot, forming, with Sunbeam, STD Motors in 1920. While the early 1920s saw Talbot having some harder times, it found greater success with its six-cylinder models from the late 1920s on. Rootes took over Clément–Talbot in 1935 with the collapse of STD, while the French factory was taken over by Anthony Lago, who used the brand Talbot–Lago. In 1938, Sunbeam and Talbot marques were combined in the UK to create Sunbeam–Talbot. Apart from an interruption in production due to World War II, Sunbeam–Talbots were produced until 1955, when the Talbot tag was dropped. Talbot–Lago, meanwhile, continued till 1960, having been taken over by Simca the previous year. The marque was briefly revived by Peugeot when it took over Chrysler Europe, which had succeeded Rootes and Simca, with Talbots appearing on former Chrysler products from the end of 1978. French and UK production of Talbot passenger cars ceased in 1986, though there was a small number of Finnish-made models in to 1987. The marque lasted till 1992 on commercial vehicles.