Follow Autocade on Facebook Check out Autocade's Drivetribe, the Global Motorshow

DKW F102

From Autocade

Jump to: navigation, search

DKW F102.jpg

DKW F102. 1963–6 (prod. 52,753). 2- and 4-door saloon. F/F, 1175 cm³ petrol (I3 2-str.). The DKW marque went out with a flourish thanks to the F102. The F102 was a big leap forward—it was the first unitary-construction DKW, the first with disc brakes, and the first with an engine capacity bigger than 1·0 litre. Last West German car with a two-stroke engine. The company was in Daimler-Benz’s control following its buy-out in 1957 until 1964, when Volkswagen took control, and subsequently installed a four-cylinder four-stroke to create the Audi. The DKW name was quietly phased out in 1968.


Manufacturing location: Düsseldorf, Germany

Marque: DKW | Predecessor: Auto Union 1000, DKW Junior | Successor: Audi F103





comments powered by Disqus